Chief Marketing Officer @ Early-Stage DTC Venture
Switzerland, Zürich, ZurichPortfolio Company
ABOUT THE VENTURE
We are a young venture-backed Swiss startup with two fully committed founders, Christian and Linus. With Bottle+, we aim to make on-the-go beverage consumption more sustainable, healthier, and more flexible. We want to drive long-needed change in the beverage industry and move away from single-use plastic bottles! Our first solution is a bottle to produce sparkling water on the go, with which we’ve raised EUR 160k in a Crowdfunding Campaign in the autumn of 2021. Anticipating a product launch in the DACH region in Q4 2022, we aim to drive sales to around EUR 3mn in 2023. To achieve this goal and start writing a success story, we are looking for an experienced, intrinsically motivated, and entrepreneurial-thinking CMO to complement our team.
Your main goal is raising brand awareness and getting people to our digital doorstep. Together with selected partners and a growing team, you find the best channels to get people excited about Bottle+ and make their on-the-go beverage consumption more delightful and sustainable. We are looking for someone to combine an analytical mindset with a deep understanding of our brand and values.
Your tasks will include:
- You own all paid and organic marketing activities
- You shape our marketing plan and campaigns (online and offline) and execute them together with marketing agencies and freelancers, which includes the proactive engagement and alignment with these key stakeholders
- You allocate budget across channels to maximize awareness and optimize CAC/CLV
- You analyze performance along the marketing funnel to create a deep quantitative and qualitative understanding of acquisition channels and our target groups. All activities should convert to sales and performance will be tracked depending on this conversion
- You have the lead in setting up our Customer Relationship Management
- You improve performance and identify new opportunities
- You build up and lead a marketing team in the mid-term
- You work closely together with our current branding team and website/webshop agency to deliver a unified marketing strategy
- We offer the opportunity to take in a management position in a striving startup that tackles the exciting challenge of redefining daily hydration
- We are young, dynamic, and have a pioneering mindset. We dream big and want to achieve societal and environmental impact
- We are ONE team and meet as equals; our mutual support goes beyond working hours
- We offer a competitive salary and company share participation, which means a high upside potential
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Substantial track record in a similar D2C marketing role in DACH
- You bring strong analytical skills and a deep understanding of marketing KPIs
- You know what good marketing/branding looks like and you have already created marketing campaigns yourself. You understand every step from awareness to engagement to conversion.
- You can help out in creating content and changing screws yourself while keeping a good overview of strategic priorities
- You bring strong strategic thinking and stakeholder management skills
- You are curious and passionate about the Bottle+ product and customers and have a sustainable and entrepreneurial mindset. You are intrinsically motivated to drive change.
- You are a team player and a communicative and proactive person
- You are fluent in English and German language