Co-Founder - Brand / Product - Sustainable Food Brand
Carbon Farmed is a portfolio company of Atlantic Food Labs with the mission to scale up Carbon Farming as the future of sustainable agriculture and food production. We are looking for a co-founder with outstanding marketing & branding skills and experience in food / FMCG to help us achieve our vision.
Carbon Farming? Carbon Farming is a form of agriculture that can reverse this trend by capturing CO2 from the atmosphere and storing it in soils. Carbon Farming has the potential to capture and store between 4 and 11 Gigatonnes of CO2 globally each year. This makes it one of the most powerful methods we can employ to combat climate change and minimize global warming.
Whom we are looking for:
Our mission at Carbon Farmed is to accelerate the uptake of carbon farming and maximise the amount of CO2 captured as quickly as possible, because time is critical. This is what drives us, and we are looking for a Co-Founder (m/f/x) who shares this drive, and who wants to take ownership of the B2C consumer side of the business. In this role, you will develop our brand, engage with our community and work with food producers, retailers and supply chain stakeholders.
Your focus areas (to be further defined jointly):
- Brand development and positioning strategy for a new food brand focusing on CO2 reduction
- Product and brand development in cooperation with retailers, discounters and food producers
- Setting up and maintaining a strong network with partners
- Concept, development, implementation and maintenance of marketing strategy
- Building and growing a community around our brand
- Build up relevant sales channels and the complete marketing strategy from scratch, i.e. by launching a first e-commerce presence, reaching out to potential sales cooperation partners etc.
- Find, negotiate and close suppliers and logistics partners
Your ideal profile:
- 5+ years experience in brand management, consumer brands and marketing, ideally with focus on food / FMCG; previous experience as a founder is a strong plus
- Experience working in the German “Handelslandschaft” (Lebensmitteleinzelhandel)
- Deep understanding of the German consumer psyche
- Native or fluent German, fluent English
- You are a self-starter, result-focused, data-driven and have a hands-on mentality
- Enthusiasm for startups/entrepreneurship as well as sustainability, agriculture and food
- Strong communication and influencing skills – clear, concise, and persuasive in style
- You have a bias for action and are able to operate in a highly ambiguous environment; you are independent and get energy from building things from scratch
What we offer:
- Co-Founder (m/f/x) role in an already incorporated and funded startup
- Opportunity to lead and build up the company from its early stages onwards
- High degree of responsibility, creative freedom and exciting challenges
- Competitive equity or VSOP participation
- A mission driven and humane company culture
- A modern office in the heart of Berlin (near Rosenthaler Platz)