Co-Founder (m,f,x) – Food-Tech Venture
About Atlantic Food Labs
Atlantic Food Labs (AFL) is a place where new food companies are built. We work together with extraordinary entrepreneurs, whose innovations will define the next era of food and health. We provide (pre-)seed venture capital and build companies from scratch. We are constantly investigating new and exciting topics in the space of food, health, and sustainability.
Our Venture Development team continuously investigates business cases in the future-of-food space. Following the exciting developments in the field of plant-based and sustainable meal-kits, we want to enter this market space together with a strong team of founders. We are ready to invest our expertise, network, free office space, and funding to build a scalable business in this fast-growing market.
As a Co-Founder, you will be building your own company from scratch with us. We will provide you with the time, office space, resources, and network to make your vision come true. With our support you develop your own business model, run tests in the market, validate your go-to-market strategy, and find further co-founders. While you lead the way we will enable and advise you throughout the journey to your first investment. You will define and execute the company's vision, business case, and product roadmap. Together with your Co-Founders, you will be jumping headfirst into strategic, operational, product, marketing, and finance-related tasks. Thus, accounting for all critical functions of a typical early-stage startup and its overall success.
- Within the first three months, you will build up a strong financial, technical and strategic investment case for your own business
- You will continuously develop hypotheses and validate them (e.g. through expert interviews, market analysis, customer surveys, etc.)
- You will define the core activities of the business in detail and set up all required processes for a successful market entry
- Build up relevant sales channels and the complete marketing strategy from scratch, i.e. by launching a first online presence, reaching out to potential sales cooperation partners, etc.
- Own the fundraising process (projections, pitch deck, and VC meetings) and secure the first pre-seed VC money for your startup
- Own the operative KPIs, financial model, and investor reporting
- Recruit, build, and manage a team of A-players
- The opportunity to build your own business together with strong VC-backing
- A high-growth, ambitious food startup environment with an exponential learning curve
- Full ownership over exciting and challenging projects
- A team of talented and motivated individuals looking to change the world
- Great networking opportunities within the Atlantic Food Labs family and Berlin startup ecosystem
- Free office space in our amazing office in Berlin in Mitte (incl. rooftop terrace)
What you need to succeed in this role
- 5+ years of high-performance environments: food delivery startup, strategy consulting, investment banking, VC, E-Commerce - previous experience as a founder is a strong plus
- Entrepreneurial mindset and drive to always be in problem-solving mode in a highly ambiguous environment
- Strong hands-on attitude and willingness to take on various tasks inside and outside your field of expertise
- Strong communication and influencing skills – clear, concise, and persuasive in style
- Comfortable when making decisions using limited information and resources
- Integrity, self-motivation, and a keen drive to improve the health and food system
- A passion for food, health, nutrition, and sustainability
- Fluency in English and German