COO & Co-Founder – Fast Growing Digital Food Concept
About Atlantic Food Labs
Atlantic Food Labs is a place where new food companies are built. We work together with extraordinary entrepreneurs, whose innovations will define the next era of food and health. We provide (pre-)seed venture capital and build companies from scratch.
Atlantic Food Labs is constantly investigating new and exciting topics in the space of food, health and sustainability. Recently, AFL has analysed the meal kit space in-depth. We have seen some very exciting developments and are convinced that meal kits are not only a multi-billion-dollar market, but also ready to be disrupted and re-innovated in terms of certain aspects. That is why we are about to build a digital food brand from scratch.
As a mission driven Chief Operating Officer you will be part of the founding and core management team. You execute the company's vision and ensure that strategic business goals are met. You will do so by jumping head first into strategic, marketing, operational, product and finance related tasks, thus accounting for all critical functions of a typical early-stage startup and its overall success.
- Understand the business' core activities in detail and set up of all required processes for a successful market entry.
- Find, negotiate and close suppliers and logistics partners.
- Build up relevant sales channels and the complete marketing strategy from scratch, i.e. by launching a first online presence, reaching out to potential sales coop partners etc.
- Own the fundraising process (projections, pitch deck and VC meetings) and secure the first pre-seed VC money for your startup.
- Own the operative KPIs, financial model and investor reporting.
- Recruit, build and manage a team of A-players.
- A high-growth, ambitious food startup environment with an exponential learning curve.
- An opportunity to work with a groundbreaking and disruptive new technology.
- Full ownership over exciting and challenging projects.
- A team of talented and motivated individuals looking to change the world.
- Great networking opportunities within the Atlantic Food Labs family and Berlin startup ecosystem.
- A competitive salary package including shares.
- 5+ years of high-performance environments: Food delivery startup, strategy consulting, investment banking, VC, E-Commerce - previous experience as a founder is a strong plus.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing technical and/or regulatory projects, processes or systems.
- Experience working cross-functionally to build vendors, supplier and contract manufacturer quality programs and requirements.
- Understanding of food environmental and sustainability claims, e.g. organic certification programs.
- Entrepreneur and executer: You have a bias for action and are able to operate in a highly ambiguous environment; you are independent and get energy from building things from scratch.
- Strong communication and influencing skills – clear, concise, and persuasive in style.
- Comfortable when making decisions using limited information and resources.
- Integrity, self-motivation, and a keen drive to improve the health and food system.
- A passion for food, health, nutrition, and sustainability.
- Fluency in English and German.
Nice to haves:
- Knack for all things Marketing: you have a successful track record in performance marketing and/or brand building
- Previous experience in the food delivery or food manufacturing industry
- Interest in healthy plant-based nutrition.