COO & Co-Founder @ Mushlabs
Mushlabs is a biotechnology startup that’s on a mission to create transformative and lasting change in the global food system. We've harnessed the latest fermentation technology to develop a novel protein ingredient derived from the root network of edible mushrooms. Its ultra sustainable, packs a nutritional punch, and has a huge amount of functionality in consumer food applications. In short, this is not only a billion Dollar opportunity, but also a way to permanently improve people’s lives.
As a mission driven Chief Operating Officer you will be part of the founding and core management team. You execute the company's vision and ensure that strategic business goals are met. You will do so by jumping head first into strategic, operational, product and finance related tasks, thus accounting for all critical functions of a typical early-stage high-tech startup and its overall success.
- Understanding the business' core activities in detail and setting up of all required processes for a successful market entry and product scalability.
- Owning our operative KPIs, financial model and investor reporting.
- Support the fundraising process (projections, pitch deck and VC meetings).
- Contribute to the development of a sustainable, yet performance-oriented culture.
- Help in recruiting, building and managing a team of A-players.
- 4+ years of experience in high-performance environments: Strategy consulting, investment banking, VC, technology startup – previous experience as a founder is a strong plus.
- Entrepreneur and executer: You have a bias for action and are able to operate in a highly ambiguous environment; you are independent and get energy from building things from scratch.
- Strong communication and influencing skills – clear, concise, and persuasive in style.
- Comfortable when making decisions using limited information and resources.
- Integrity, self-motivation, and a keen drive to improve the food system.
- A passion for food, health, nutrition, and sustainability.
- Fluency in English and German.
Nice to haves:
- Knack for sales: you have a successful track record in sales & business development and you love connecting with people, whether it’s investors, partners, or customers.
- Previous experience in the food industry.
- A high-growth, ambitious food startup environment with exponential learning curve.
- An opportunity to work with a groundbreaking and disruptive new technology.
- Full ownership over exciting and challenging projects.
- A team of talented and motivated individuals looking to change the world.
- Great networking opportunities within the Atlantic Food Labs family and Berlin startup ecosystem.
- A competitive salary package including options in Mushlabs.