Head of HR
About the role:
As a Head of HR at Atlantic Food Labs, you will be an integer part of the AFL core team. You will help to identify and recruit stellar entrepreneurs which consequently launch and accelerate the best food & health start-ups in the European ecosystem for Atlantic Food Labs as well as identify the best senior candidates for our entire AFL portfolio. You will gain deep insights into our diverse portfolio of early stage and growth companies and strategically manage the exciting and single most important resource for us, our people. The ideal candidate has a hands-on mentality and brings HR experience from working in a high-growth environment, ideally in the start-up sector.
As a Head of HR you can expect on a daily basis to:
- Strategically identify, steer, recruit, and manage the hiring process for potential candidates via all kinds of channels.
- Find stellar entrepreneurs with which Atlantic Food Labs will launch its next batch of startups and – to make it a team – support them with their first hires.
- Discover superior senior hires (Head-of-level and beyond) for our grown-up portfolio companies.
- Identify, organize, and manage recruitment fairs as well as employer branding events to increase the visibility of Atlantic Food Labs.
- Build up lasting relationships with universities and academic chairs to foster our pipeline of incoming applicants.
- Grow our people by driving the creation and deployment of training and education curriculums in cooperation with our operations department.
- Work independently and own the job.
Desired skills and experiences:
- 2+ years of experience in a relevant HR role, preferably in a fast-paced, high growth start-up environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, ideally in Human Resources Management, Psychology or Business.
- Proven expertise in talent acquisition and employer branding.
- Ability to organize & prioritize your work and to work independently.
- Ability to inspire others and the understanding of the HR function as a strategic critical lever to the success of our business.
- An absolute ‘can do + entrepreneurial’ attitude: willingness to walk the extra-mile and dig deep enough in order to attract stellar entrepreneurs.
- A true hands-on approach whilst demonstrating the ability to think and act strategically, staying level-headed.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills with excellent spoken and written English as well as German. Additional languages are a plus.
- Passion about food, health, and nutrition as well as start-ups.
Why you should join us:
- You will be a vital part of a growing team in a fast-paced environment surrounded by a talented, supportive, and international group of people with a great and super modern office in the heart of Berlin Mitte, close to Hackescher Markt.
- Work with a highly impressive group of founders from our portfolio and become an integer part of the network effects.
- Play an active part in building the entrepreneurial food, health, and sustainability ecosystem in Berlin and Europe.
- Learn a great deal about investing in startups, building companies, and innovation.
- You will be able to build your own brand and network in the European startup ecosystem.
- Potential to build and manage your own team at a later stage.